Sunday, October 10, 2010

Are you ready for some football??


Once I knew I had a hobby that I could rely on, I figured I should begin documenting my so-called works of art. Of course I have now begun this blog, but I thought I should take pictures of all of the projects along the way! So, to begin, I created my first decorated cake in honor of the opening Cowboy's came in the fall of 2010. We were scheduled to attend a party at our dear friends house. So, I thought this would be my first shot at getting the word out about my cake making/decorating. So I did what any normal baker would do, I created a cake decorated with a Cowboy's look. It was a chocolate cake with a layer in the middle of vanilla cake. In between each layer of cake, I spread a nice layer of either chocolate or vanilla pudding. Once layered, I spread my buttercream frosting all along the sides and top. Once that set up, I began the decorations. Here's how it turned out....keep in mind this was indeed my first cake creation:

No comments:

Post a Comment