Sunday, October 10, 2010

The FINAL....my BIGGEST accomplishment


So tonight we had our final in class. I was so excited. Our instructions were to bake our cake and have it iced before we brought it to class. So I did just that. I went to Michael's to buy a Mickey Mouse shapped character pan. Picked out the cake mix (did I mention it was chocolate?) and came home and began. I baked the cake and let it cool overnight. Got up first thing that next morning and iced it. I knew that once the decorating began, I was going to use my star decorator tip. Little did I know that it was going to 1)take forever to ice a Mickey Mouse cake using the star tip and 2)it was going to give my hand severe cramps. All of the squeezing over and over again made me feel like I had writers cramp! It was well worth it in the end. I had purchased all of the necessary food colorings to add to my icing. I must say that in the beginning, I was really nervous about the turn out of poor little Mickey, but once completed, I was ecstatic! I loved the final Mickey. Let me know what you think about it:

No comments:

Post a Comment